Training Plan - Shoulder Workout for Mass
This shoulder workout is what I am currently using in my routine to gain mass and put on size. This workout is for intermediate to advanced lifters. The routine starts with big compound movements and finishes with fry out lighter sets to send the muscles into hypertrophy and cause muscle growth. I find this routine very effective at hitting all angles of the shoulders (front, back, and side) and causing an excellent pump. Using this workout and following a bulking diet plan, I have seen significant changes in the appearance of my shoulders. They have rounded out and pop out to the sides more. If you do a body part split style of training, try this as your shoulder day workout.
For those new to lifting, check out my guided shoulder day workout post. This post will help you determine what weight to use, how to determine reps, and how to best set yourself up for a successful workout.
SHOULDER WORKOUT FOR MASS
- Barbell Military Press: Warm Up Weight x 2 sets x 20-15 reps
- Barbell Military Press: Heavy Weight x 1 set x 4-6 reps
- Barbell Military Press: 1 Rep Max x 1 set x 1-3 rep
- Barbell Military Press: Working Weight x 3 sets x 10-12 reps
- Side Lateral Raise: Warm Up Weight x 2 sets x 15-20 reps
- Side Lateral Raise: Working Weight x 3 sets x 12-15 reps
- Single Arm Dumbbell Press: Working Weight x 3 sets x 10-12 reps (ea. side)
- Dumbbell Shrugs: Working Weight x 3 sets x 10-12 reps
- Front Dumbbell Raises: Working Weight x 3 sets x 10-12 reps (ea. side)
- Cable Face Pull: Working Weight x 3 sets x 15-20 reps (lighter weight, pump sets)
- Barbell or Plate Front Raises: Working Weight x 3 sets x 15-20 reps (lighter weight, pump sets)
How to perform in this routine...
- All sets can be done as straight sets
- Sets can be combined as super sets
- Perform an Ab workout or Calf workout at the end of this routine
This routine is for intermediate to advanced lifters and takes about 1.5 hours to complete (with a 15 minute ab or calf workout added on). It is extremely effective for growing and rounding out shoulders. This routine is especially effective at hitting all sides of the shoulders and giving a full pump. Try out some or all of the routine for your next shoulder day!
*I am not a certified personal trainer. My experience is limited to myself. If you are new to lifting, please seek out resources online and the help of a trainer or experienced friend before embarking on a new fitness regime.
Please feel free to comment and share this post! For more updates, please follow me on YouTube, Facebook and Instagram. Best of luck and props to anyone who strives to improve themselves in and out of the gym.