Pumpkin Spice Protein Muffins
If you've been around the blog or my Instagram, you've seen my love for Kodiak Cakes. I use this brand of pancake and waffle mix all the time. Not only do these mixes have protein built in but they mix into the perfect consistency batter. I've found them fool proof. Even when baking, I just kind of wing the amounts and it still delivers the right texture. You can easily change the flavor of these muffins by using a different one of the Kodiak Cake mixes!
These muffins have health at the center focus but they taste great too. These are low sugar, high in healthy fat, and calorie dense for how small they are. They make a perfect post workout snack or are great to pack when hiking/camping.
PUMPKIN SPICE PROTEIN MUFFINS
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Hemp Hearts
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Kodiak Cakes Pumpkin Flax Pancake and Waffle Mix
- 1/2 Cup Soymilk
- 3 Tbsp Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the chia seeds and hemp hearts with about a 1/4 cup of water and let sit for a few minutes.
- Stir in the coconut oil and try to mix best as possible.
- Add in some more water (about 1/4 cup) until everything is easy to mix.
- Add in the Kodiak Cakes mix, soy milk, and chocolate chips.
- Stir until well mixed. If you feel it is too thick, than add a little bit of water and stir. Repeat until you have a spoonable mixture that is a little thinner than a sticky paste.
- Spray a large muffin tin with a little cooking spray. Only spray 4 muffin spots, that's how much this recipe makes.
- Spoon in the mixture and place in the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Muffins should be nice and solid. Test with a knife to make sure batter is cooked through.
P: 7g, C: 19g, F: 7g, kCal: 165
*Recipe makes about 4 muffins.
Thanks for stopping by! I am not a nutritionist but I am a nutrition junkie. I love looking for new recipes that help me achieve optimum health and wellness. I hope you enjoy these and if you have something to add or share, feel free to leave a comment.