Everyday Bulking Oats
I have been seriously bulking to put on lean body mass since March, 2017. I have learned a lot this year about what it takes to put on healthy and strong body mass. It takes A LOT of food, especially if you are eating a whole food and mostly plant based diet. The volume of food can sometimes be overwhelming, but after training my body to intake larger meals and eat more frequently... I'm seeing the results I want on the scale, in the mirror, and at the gym.
This oatmeal recipe is my go-to morning breakfast. I eat a variation of this almost everyday. Sometimes I vary what superfoods I put on top or mix in. Sometimes I use the cacao and sometimes I don't. If I want to be 100% plant based, I do not include Greek Yogurt. Overall, it's a vary adaptable recipe and is a great way to pack in a big number of nutrient dense calories to start your day of bulking. Not trying to put on mass? Take down the amount of oats to your liking to lessen the calories.
EVERDAY BULKING OATS WITH CACAO AND PB2
- 1 Cup Quick Cook Oats
- 1/2 Cup Banana
- 1/2 0% Greek Yogurt Plain (Non-Fat)
- 1 Tsp Acai Powder
- 1 Tsp Maca Powder
- 1 Tsp Cacao Nibs
- 3 Tbsp Powdered Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbsp Dark Chocolate Chips
- Place oats and 2 cups water into a small saucepan. Bring to a low boil.
- Add in the chopped banana, cacao powder, and mama powder. Stir and cover while it simmers on low heat for about 5min.
- Stir the powdered peanut butter with water until it forms a medium thick paste.
- To plate... Place the greek yogurt in a bowl and top with oats, acas powder, chocolate chips, peanut butter, and cacao nibs.
P: 36g, C: 108g, F: 15g, kCal: 700
Thanks for stopping by! I am not a nutritionist but I am a nutrition junkie. I love looking for new recipes that help me achieve optimum health and wellness. I hope you enjoy these and if you have something to add or share, feel free to leave a comment.