Rainbow Stir Fry with Black Bean Noodles
Stir fry is one of those dinners that I crave. I crave the loads of vegetables, chewy chunks of protein, and whatever bed of rice or noodles it lies on. For this variation, I went away from traditional soy sauce or ginger flavors and used a smokey tomato sauce instead. The result was a warm, rich, and saucy bowl filled with Vitamin C and lots of protein... both great for recovering from a long day or hard workout.
You can easily modify this recipe with whatever protein you have on hand, tofu would work great. Try different mixes of veggies. I found these worked nice with the smokey tomato flavor, but if you don't have access to this type of sauce then simply topping with Liquid Amino Acids or a little sesame oil would work good too. The macros are unbelievable. This is a high protein, low carb dinner with low calories.
RAINBOW STIR FRY WITH BLACK BEAN NOODLES AND SMOKEY TOMATO SAUCE
- 3 Oz. Tempeh
- 1 Serving Black Bean Spaghetti (Explore Asia Brand)
- 2 Cups Rainbow Swiss Chard
- 1/2 Cup Broccoli
- 1 Tbsp Raw Sunflower Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Smokin' T's Original Sauce (Buy Online)
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add in the Black Bean Spaghetti. Reduce to a low boil.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium frying pan. Chop up the Tempeh, Chard, and Broccoli.
- Once pan is medium/high hot, spray with a thin coating of cooking spray. Add in the chopped broccoli and tempeh.
- While the noodles cook (7-8 minutes), stir fry the ingredients in the pan until they are a medium brown. Keep adding little amounts of water to help steam the ingredients. Add in Chard when you have about 3 minutes left of cooking the noodles.
- Towards the end, add in sunflower seeds and the tomato sauce. Stir until everything is evenly coating and reduce heat to low.
- Strain the noodles and add to the pan. Stir everything together.
- Add salt or Liquid Aminos to taste.
P: 45g, C: 40g, F: 12g, kCal: 525
Thanks for stopping by! I am not a nutritionist but I am a nutrition junkie. I love looking for new recipes that help me achieve optimum health and wellness. I hope you enjoy these and if you have something to add or share, feel free to leave a comment.