Berry Blues Oatmeal
Summer is wrapping up quick and it's the last chance to get in as many berries as you can... unless of course you freeze them. This recipes doubles up on blueberries and blackberries for an extreme antioxidant boost. Berries are a low carb and low calorie way to add a ton of volume to your oatmeal. Add them in by the handful with no regrets.
BERRY BLUES OATMEAL
- 1 Cup Quick Cook Oats
- 1 Tbsp Flax Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Cacao Powder
- 2 Tbsp Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Banana
- 5 Tbsp PB2 with Premium Chocolate
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Blackberries
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1 Tsp Acai Powder
- 1/4 0% Non Fat Greek Yogurt (omit or use plant based yogurt for a vegan option)
- Place oats and 2 cups water into a small saucepan. Bring to a low boil.
- Add in 1/2 cup of sliced banana. Stir and cover while it simmers on low heat for about 3min.
- Stir in the cacao powder and flax seeds. Add a little water if you need to and let sit covered on low heat until everything is absorbed.
- In another small bowl, mix the PB2 with enough water to form a peanut butter.
- To plate... Place the greek yogurt in a bowl and top with oats, chocolate chips, PB2, Acai Powder, and surround with all the berries.
P: 33g, C: 117g, F: 19g, kCal: 750
Thanks for stopping by! I am not a nutritionist but I am a nutrition junkie. I love looking for new recipes that help me achieve optimum health and wellness. I hope you enjoy these and if you have something to add or share, feel free to leave a comment.