Dark Chocolate Protein Pancakes with Berries
My love of pancakes continues... they are my go to post workout meal. Protein pancakes make a great post workout because you get a nice rush of carbs and easy to digest proteins. Plus, they feel very rewarding.
This recipe utilizes Kodiak Cakes Protein Pancake mix. If you haven't tried their products, pick some up. *Note, they are not vegan though. If you are completely plant based, an easy hack is to take plant based pancake mix and add a little plant based protein powder to it.
GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE OATS
- 1/2 Cup Kodiak Cakes Dark Chocolate Flapjack and Waffle Mix
- 1/2 Cup Kodiak Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix
- 5 Tbsp PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter with Premium Chocolate
- 1 Tbsp Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries
- 1 Cup Strawberries
- Place Pancake Mix and Coconut Flakes in a small bowl. Add in water and stir until you reach a thin to medium consistency. (should be easy to pour off a big spoon).
- Heat a large non-stick skillet on medium high.
- Once hot, spray with a coat of olive oil cooking spray.
- Spoon the mix into the pan in 4-5in rounds.
- Cook until bubbles form, then spray with a quick shot of cooking spray and flip.
- While pancakes are cooking, mix the PB2 with enough water to form a thin sauce.
- To plate, stack pancakes and put a little sauce in between each one. Plate with fresh berries. Serve with soy milk for an extra protein boost.
P: 32g, C: 100g, F: 12g, kCal: 610
Thanks for stopping by! I am not a nutritionist but I am a nutrition junkie. I love looking for new recipes that help me achieve optimum health and wellness. I hope you enjoy these and if you have something to add or share, feel free to leave a comment.