Strawberries and Cream Oats
Oatmeal is the perfect meal to decide how you want to nutritionally start your day. You can keep them high carb for a serious energy boost. If you feel undernourished, you can pack them with healthy fats like flax seeds, chia seeds, MCT Oil, or cook them with nut milk. If you want higher protein you can add in protein powders, hemp powder, cook them with soy milk, or serve them on a scoop of high protein greek yogurt. In the case of these oats, I upped the protein by using a vanilla protein powder and paired it with cooked in strawberries to create a creamy and sweet serving of oats.
STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM OATMEAL
- 1 1/2 Cups Chopped Fresh Strawberries
- 1 Cup Quick Cook Oats
- 1 Tsp Maca Powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 0% Non Fat Greek Yogurt (omit for a vegan option)
- 1/2 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (use whichever brand/type you like)
- 1 Tsp Cacao Nibs
- 3 Tbsp PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter with Premium Chocolate
- 2 Tbsp Dark Chocolate Chips
- Place oats and 2 cups water into a small saucepan. Bring to a low boil.
- Add in 1 cup of strawberries. Stir and cover while it simmers on low heat for about 5min.
- Stir in the maca powder, vanilla extract, and protein powder, add a little water if you need to and let sit covered on low heat until everything is absorbed.
- In another small bowl, mix the PB2 with enough water to form a peanut butter.
- To plate... Place the greek yogurt in a bowl and top with oats, remaining strawberries, chocolate chips, peanut butter, and cacao nibs.
P: 43g, C: 103g, F: 14g, kCal: 690
Thanks for stopping by! I am not a nutritionist but I am a nutrition junkie. I love looking for new recipes that help me achieve optimum health and wellness. I hope you enjoy these and if you have something to add or share, feel free to leave a comment.