Tofu & Tempeh Scramble with Smoked Tomato Sauce
Last weekend I found a new local product that I've fallen in love with... Smokin' Ts Original Sauce. This sauce is awesome on all different dishes. I've been using it almost daily on everything from tofu to broccoli. It adds a really rich smokey flavor that pumps up your plate. This sauce inspired me to make this tofu scramble for breakfast. This recipe is a great way to start your day with a healthy dose of protein and is nice when you need a break from sweet breakfast items.
TOFU & TEMPEH SCRAMBLE WITH SMOKIN' Ts ORIGINAL SAUCE
- 1/3 Package of Tempeh
- 1/3 Package of Firm Tofu
- 1/2 Cup Green Pepper
- 2 Cups Spinach
- 1 Cup Portabella Mushrooms
- 1/3 Cup Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Slice Ezekiel 4:9 Whole Grain Bread
- 1 Tbsp Smokin' Ts Original Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Cilantro
- Heat a medium skillet on medium/high and coat with cooking spray.
- Dice up mushrooms and peppers, add to pan.
- Crumble tofu and tempeh with your hands into the pan.
- Season everything with salt, pepper, and all purpose seasoning.
- Stir every once and awhile until everything cooks down and browns.
- Towards the end of cooking add the spinach and stir in until cooked down.
- Toast the bread.
- Dice up the tomato and mince the cilantro.
- Plate by placing down the scramble, top with tomato, nutritional yeast, Smokin' Ts sauce, and cilantro. Serve with toast.
P: 33g, C: 36g, F: 12g, kCal: 430
Thanks for stopping by! I am not a nutritionist but I am a nutrition junkie. I love looking for new recipes that help me achieve optimum health and wellness. I hope you enjoy these and if you have something to add or share, feel free to leave a comment.