Green Mountain - Quick Plant Based Dinner Recipe
Green smoothies and green juice seem to be the rage of how to get in your greens, but for me... I'd rather just eat my vegetables in their true form. Since the start of my 2017 bulk, I've put an emphasis on finding out what my body has an easy time digesting. When I took my calories up, it took a toll on my digestion. I could definitely feel my body working over time to put all that fuel to work. Quickly, I realized that I had a hard time with too much raw food. The giant salads that I was fond of were bogging down my digestion and it didn't feel the best. So, I turned to cooking everything down. This is especially true for greens like kale, spinach, and swiss chard. If you're having trouble digesting all the fiber rich plant foods in your diet, try cooking them down and think of this recipe as an easy to digest salad.
GREEN MOUNTAIN VEGGIE PLATE
- 1/3 Package of Firm Tofu
- 2 Cups Broccoli
- 2 Cups Kale
- 1/2 Cup Bell Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Avocado
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro
- 2 Tsp Bragg's Liquid Aminos
- Heat a medium pan and coat with cooking spray.
- Cut the Tofu into 3 rectangle slices. Place on one side of the pan.
- Cut Broccoli, kale, and pepper into about 1in pieces. Add to the pan.
- Season the tofu with an all purpose seasoning, salt, pepper, or whatever you have on hand. Salt the veggies lightly since you'll be using Liquid Aminos at the end.
- Flip the tofu once one side in golden dark brown. Try to flip by grabbing one side with a fork and gently lifting until it gives. I do this versus using a spatula/turner.
- Stir the veggies and add a little water to this side of the pan so they start to steam.
- Meanwhile, cube up the avocado and mince the cilantro.
- Once tofu is done on both sides and veggies are cooked down to be soft (but still bright green), add everything to a plate in a mountain.
- Top with cilantro, avocado, and Bragg's Liquid Aminos.
P: 26g, C: 35g, F: 16g, kCal: 400
Thanks for stopping by! I am not a nutritionist but I am a nutrition junkie. I love looking for new recipes that help me achieve optimum health and wellness. I hope you enjoy these and if you have something to add or share, feel free to leave a comment.