Superfood Chocolate Strawberry Oats
Whenever I find large containers of berries on sale, I buy a lot of them and use them for days... in everything. Whatever I can't use, I just freeze. This is a great way to keep costs down and get in all the nutrients that berries provide. Berries also boost something that most fruits don't, lower carb and calorie content. Try this recipe out the next time that you have a lot of berries on hand. These are boosted with lots of cacao for full on chocolate flavor and serious nutrition benefits. They are also further boosted by the hemp powder, maca powder, and cacao nibs for vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. The greek yogurt adds a nice dose of protein.
CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY OATS
- 2/3 Cup Quick Cook Oats
- 1 Cup of Fresh Strawberries
- 2 Tbsp Hemp Powder
- 1/2 Cup Banana
- 1 1/3 Tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1 Tsp Maca Powder
- 2 Tbsp Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 Cup 2% Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tsp Cacao Nibs
- Slice up the strawberries and bananas.
- In a small pot, place the oats and double the amount of water. Bring to a low boil and then turn down heat to low.
- Mix in the banana and half the strawberries.
- Mix in the hemp powder, cacao powder, and maca powder. Stir and add in water so that the oats keep from sticking. Cook for 3 minutes to 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, place the greek yogurt.
- Top with cooked oats. On top, place the chocolate chips and cacao nibs. Finish the bowl with the remaining strawberries.
P: 26g, C: 90g, F: 13g, kCal: 570
Thanks for stopping by! I am not a nutritionist but I am a nutrition junkie. I love looking for new recipes that help me achieve optimum health and wellness. I hope you enjoy these and if you have something to add or share, feel free to leave a comment.