Quick Blueberry Oatmeal Bowl
Oats are a great source of complex carbs, but the numbers can get a little high if you are trying not to intake too many carbs in that meal. One way to build a big volume bowl and cut down the carbs is to add berries. Berries are nutrient dense, hydrating, and have lower carb numbers by volume than just oats. My favorite berry to cook into oats is the blueberry. Blueberries add a lot of juicy goodness to your oatmeal bowl and cook very easily. Next time you cook oats, throw in some blueberries for a nutrition boost.
QUICK BLUEBERRY OATMEAL BOWL
- 1/2 Cup Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
- 1 Cup Quick Cook Oats
- 1/2 Cup Banana
- 1/2 2% Greek Yogurt Plain
- 1 Tsp Acai Powder
- 1 Tsp Cacao Nibs
- 2 Tbsp Powdered Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbsp Dark Chocolate Chips
- Place oats and 1 1/2 cups water into a small saucepan. Bring to a low boil.
- Add in the blueberries. Stir and cover while it simmers on low heat for about 5min.
- Stir the powdered peanut butter with water until it forms a thin paste.
- Slice up the banana.
- To plate... Place the greek yogurt in a bowl and top with oats, banana, chocolate chips, peanut butter, cacao nibs, and acai powder.
P: 33g, C: 106g, F: 16g, kCal: 700
Thanks for stopping by! I am not a nutritionist but I am a nutrition junkie. I love looking for new recipes that help me achieve optimum health and wellness. I hope you enjoy these and if you have something to add or share, feel free to leave a comment.