Blueberry Buckwheat Pancakes
I'm a huge fan of berries... when they're on sale. Buying berries can be really pricey and I avoid purchasing them any time that they aren't on special. Once berries hit a sale, I buy a ton. Whatever I can't use fresh, I just freeze. I almost always have berries on hand that didn't cost me a large amount of money. These pancakes were made for dinner after I found big 2lb containers of blueberries for only $3 each! I ate those blueberries for 4 days straight and loved every minute of it. Try these pancakes out the next time that you find beautiful fresh blueberries at a good price.
BLUEBERRY BUCKWHEAT PANCAKES
- 1/2 Cup Organic Buckwheat Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 3 Tbsp PB2 with Premium Chocolate
- 1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1/2 Cup Banana
- 1 Cup Soymilk
- 1/3 Cup 2% Greek Yogurt
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the ground flaxseed with 2 tbsp of water and mix.
- Place the pancake mix in the bowl and mix with enough water to make a medium thin batter. It should easily fall off a spoon but not be runny.
- Mix the blueberries into the batter.
- Heat a large non stick pan to medium high. Coat the pan with cooking spray once hot.
- Spoon the batter into about 4in rounds into the pan.
- Let pancakes cook until bubbles appear and pop. Flip once this occurs.
- In the meantime, mix the PB2 with premium chocolate with enough water to make a sauce.
- Slice up the banana.
- To plate... stack the pancakes alternating with sauce and banana slices.
- Serve with greek yogurt and a glass of soy milk. *If you are Vegan or Plant Based, eliminate the greek yogurt or use a non-dairy version.
P: 35g, C: 90g, F: 14g, kCal: 608
Thanks for stopping by! I am not a nutritionist but I am a nutrition junkie. I love looking for new recipes that help me achieve optimum health and wellness. I hope you enjoy these and if you have something to add or share, feel free to leave a comment.